SMS Text Marketing is growing in popularity, and there are a number of businesses out there based on helping you set up the service and deliver messages to your customers who opt-in. But why should you pay for this service when the same results are easily achieved by using a tool you already have access to?
Twitter allows you to achieve the same results offered by many SMS Marketing companies at ZERO cost, and here’s how you can take advantage of it:
1. Go to Twitter.com and create an account for your business, but with the word “deal”, “coupon”, or “offers” in the twitter name. i.e. “JimsPizzaDeals”
(the idea is to make the name easy to remember)
2. Then you can advertise your text message service. The call-to-action can be something like:
Text “Follow JimsPizzaDeals” to 40404 for VIP specials, offers, and discounts.
Then each time you tweet a deal under the JimsPizzaDeals Twitter account, your customers will receive it via a text message.
Pretty cool, huh?
3. NOTE: when customers text “Follow JimsPizzaDeals” to 40404, they will not only receive future deals, they also receive the LAST TWEET that you previously sent. After you set up your account, go ahead and tweet a welcome message so that any early adopters will receive it.
4. Customers do not have to have a Twitter account in order to receive these text messages. They just have to text “Follow (username)” to 40404 and they will be subscribed.
5. The particular twitter account you set-up is JUST for text message offers. It does not replace a regular Twitter account. With this special account, you shouldn’t send out more than a few offers per week.
If you’re a local Charlottesville business, and have any trouble getting this set up, or you aren’t sure how your business can take advantage of this marketing technique, contact us and we’ll help you out!